NEET-PGPost Graduate (NEET-PG )
NEET PG 2020 : National Eligibility cum Entrance Test-Post Graduate (NEET-PG ) is a qualifying cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination for admission to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section 10 (D) of Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses.
- NEET is mandatory even for foreign nationals seeking admission in medical courses in India.
SCOPE OF NEET-PG 2020 shall be the single qualifying cum ranking examination for admission to Postgraduate MD/MS/Diploma Courses for the academic session 2020 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats (all States & UT’s).
- State quota seats. (Including the UT’s).
- All Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/ Deemed Universities all across the country.
- Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Post MBBS Courses.
The following Medical institutions are not covered by centralized admissions for MD/MS seats through NEET- PG for 2020 session:
- AIIMS, New Delhi and other AIIMS
- PGIMER, Chandigarh
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum
The NEET PG admit card 2020 was released by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) on December 31, 2019. The NEET PG 2020 hall ticket was available only in the online mode.
The admit card of NEET PG 2020 had been downloaded by the aspirants who had successfully completed the process of registration.
Candidates had downloaded the NEET PG admit card from the official link by entering their user ID and password until January 5, 2020.
Upon downloading the admit card of NEET PG 2020, candidates were required to affix a recent passport-sized photograph on the admit card.
Documents to carry to the exam hall
- NEET PG 2020 admit card
- A valid photo ID proof
- Photocopy of Permanent / Provisional SMC/MCI registration to be retained by the test centre
- Candidates carrying E-Aadhaar cards are required to ensure that the photograph is clear and matches their face at the time of exam.
The NEET PG 2020 eligibility criteria for aspirants appearing in the postgraduate medical examination has been listed below.
- Candidates must possess a valid MBBS degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Council of India (MCI), and have an MBBS degree or provisional certificate to that effect.
- Completion of the rotatory internship on or before March 31, 2020.
- Provisional or permanent medical registration certificate issued by MCI or a State Medical Council. This must be carried on the day of the exam and during admission.
- Candidates who have studied/qualified MBBS from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for All India 50% Quota seats. Only candidates who were nominated by the Government of India (under central pool seats) to study MBBS from Medical Colleges in Jammu & Kashmir shall be eligible for All India 50% quota seats. Such candidates must submit a duly signed affidavit declaring this.
NEET PG 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
Correction window of NEET PG application form 2020 was available from December 3 to 7, 2019. Candidates could make corrections or edit some details in their NEET PG application form. The details they can edit or correct are
- Date of Birth
- Category of the Candidate
- Physical Disability Status
- EWS status
The following details cannot be corrected in the NEET application form:
- Name of the Candidate
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Testing City
For any query/clarification/assistance on NEET PG, candidates can write to NBE at firstname.lastname@example.org or call NBE Candidate Care helpdesk Toll Free number – 1800 267 4003.
Note: The email should mention name of sender, application ID, correspondence address and mobile number.
NBE had released that the NEET PG 2020 application form in the online mode on November 1, 2019. The last date for NEET PG registration was November 21, 2019. Candidates can check the various steps of the application process of NEET PG 2020 here-
- Fill the registration form for obtaining User ID and Password
- User ID and password will be then, sent through SMS and Email
- Fill the application form – Personal Details, Qualification Details (MBBS / Primary Medical Qualification details, Internship Details, SMC/MCI Registration Details), Test Center Details
- Upload a recent passport size photograph (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) and signature (Maximum 80 Kb size, in JPG/JPEG format) signature
- Choose test city
- Make payment of fees in the online mode through debit/credit card or net banking.
- Take a print out of the filled application form with transaction ID printed on it.
Important: Test City will be confirmed only after payment of fee is successful.
|General, OBC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 3750|
|ST, SC||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 2750|
|General, OBC, ST, SC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 2750|
NEET PG 2020 result
NEET PG result has been uploaded online. The result of NEET PG 2020 was released in a PDF format. Candidates who clear the examination can able to download the scorecard/ rank card by logging into their registered account on the official website of NBE.
NEET PG 2020 counselling
Admissions to the MD/MS/DNB courses will be through the counselling of NEET PG 2020. The body responsible for conducting NEET 2020 counselling is the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Seat allotment list for the first round of counselling has been released. Online registrations for the first round of counselling began March 12.
Online registration for NEET PG 2020 counselling
Aspirants of NEET PG 2020 must register themselves on the official website of MCC and fill the application form for participating in the counselling. The application process involves the following steps:
- Creating a profile on the official website of MCC
- Completing the application form of NEET PG 2020 counselling
- Uploading the required documents
- Deposing the application fee for NEET PG counselling (credit card/ debit card/ net banking)
- Choice filling and locking
- Print a copy of the duly filled application for
Past Dates and Events
13 Apr, 2020
Reporting to the allotted college | Mode: Offline and Online
11 Apr, 2020
Counselling – Round 1 result | Mode: Online
11 Apr, 2020
Counselling – Downloading allotment letter – Start Date | Mode: Online
09 Apr, 2020
Counselling – Round 1 provisional result | Mode: Online
18 Feb, 2020
Result – Merit List | Mode: Online
03 Feb, 2020 – 08 Feb, 2020
Score Card | Mode: Online
30 Jan, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
05 Jan, 2020
Exam | Mode: Online
31 Dec, 2019 – 05 Jan, 2020
Admit Card | Mode: Online
03 Dec, 2019 – 07 Dec, 2019
Application Correction | Mode: Online
01 Nov, 2019 – 21 Nov, 2019
Application | Mode: Online
01 Nov, 2019
Advertisement | Mode: Online